Sunday, November 16, 2008

Glitz and Glamour

I put my feet to the pavement,
walking these streets I push it daily
but I ain’t get paid yet, so there’s no food for the baby.

And lately, I’ve been worried for my safety
Living in the lions den, they all want to replace me.

My home’s a mess, its falling to pieces
A concrete cage that’s covered in cracks; my roof is leaking.

Weekends are the bleakest,
that’s when I weaken from all the hunger so I start selling to weak friends.

In secret, I’m scared of lucid nightmares-
Cops and canines coming to get me (they never fight fair.)

But I’m here, leading a life that many might fear-
Making a living for all I hold dear.

Promise me you’ll never make the same mistake I did
Promise me you’ll never mention this to my kid
Promise me that when I cease to live,
All of the things I’ve left behind,
Won’t rise up and plague your mind too.

No comments: